Online TV allows you the freedom to watch all your favourite shows, current or old, at your convenience. The best sites allow you to search for any show, from the latest hit sitcom to the almost-forgotten classics.
These sites are the cream of the crop:
1. Amazon Instant Video
• Huge collection
• Fast download
• Inter-platform operability (computer, Google TV, Roku, TiVO, Xbox 360, etc.)
• Shows broadcasted in network and cable TV are offered immediately through Amazon’s TV Pass.
• Only available in the US
• No free shows aside from the one-month trial
• Mac users can only stream, not download
• Some shows not available on HD.
• Virtual repository with its index of all online TV found on the net
• Dedicated section for mobile devices.
• Merely directs user to the site of the video, forcing the viewer to download the players required by the different sites.
• Simple design
• Easy navigation
• Variety of content from most of the major networks
• Defunct shows available for viewing.
• Some popular shows are not available.
• Has entire series of shows from all the major networks
• Has shows that cannot be found anywhere else.
• Recently released programs and DVDs may take time before it becomes available.
• Has shows from ABC and CBS, which sometimes don’t syndicate a full series to other sites.
• Cluttered site.
Google will be dipping its hands into online TV. With Fiber TV, hundreds of HD channels will be offered, with premium movie channels available at an additional charge. Up to eight shows can be recorded simultaneously and 500 hours of HD video stored in the cloud.
Disney-owned channels like ESPN and ABC Family, however, are not yet part of the list.