If you need to compare files and folders on your system, then Beyond Compare is the ideal tool for the job. You can compare filesa dn folders, use specialized viewers and a 3-way Merge view. You can even synchronize folders.
Beyond Compare lets you quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences that you are interested in and ignore those you don’t need. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
Beyond Compare’s new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
Beyond Compare’s intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
The following changes have been undertaken in Beyond Compare 4.0.0 Beta 18629:
* Notable Changes
– Change default color scheme
* File Formats
– OS X: Fixed File Format dialog not saving when formats are unchecked to disable them.
* File Views
– OS X: Fixed appearance of comparison thumbnails.
* Folder Compare
– Linux: Fixed pink checkmarks in file operation dialogs.
* Home View
– “Save As” selects new session in tree, even if type is changed.
– Fixed “our online shop” link
– Fixed Import Settings checklistbox text selection color.
– “Restore Factory Defaults” now opens without anything checked.
– Tweaked File View Colors layout.
– OS X: Fixed color panel opening as black for unrecognized system colors.
– Fixed -closescript command line switch.
* Text Views
– Gutter selection/section bracket line now follows the gutter foreground color.
* Text Compare
– Fixed displaying just differences with gaps.
– Fixed crash when using “Check for Updates” or “View as Web Page” on Windows with recent updates.
– Fixed crashing when selecting 3 or more files to open from the folder compare with a standard edition license.
You can download Beyond Compare from FileHippo.com today.
[Image via scootersoftware]