The latest version of Comodo has been released. The guys behind Comodo claim that their firewall is unique in that it passes all known leak tests to ensure the integrity of data entering and exiting your system. Comodo has put firewall through all kinds of sophisticated tests to ensure its firewall powerful enough to ward off these attacks with default settings.
Key Features Include:
- Secures against internal and external attacks.
- Blocks internet access to malicious Trojan programs.
- Safeguards your Personal data against theft.
- Delivers total end-point security for Personal Computers and Networks.
The following updates have been undertaken in this latest version of Comodo:
- Policy based automatic-sandboxing.
- Ability to create automatic sandboxing rule based on various parameters such as file reputation, file origin, file source etc.
- New default auto-sandboxing policy which is fine-tuned to isolate risky unknown applications.
- Hardware Virtualization support.
- When Intel VT-x or AMD SVM Virtualization extensions are available, Enhanced Protection Mode makes use of these technologies and CIS operates at hypervisor level.
- Extended Logging.
- CIS can now send security and configuration events to Windows Event Logs.
- New UI theme.
- “Flat Tile” theme with updated icons and colors for better look and feel.
- Viruscope Recognizer grid in ASE.
- List of registered recognizers.
- Possibility to manage each recognizer state, turn it ON and OFF.
- Viruscope is now enabled by default, monitors more activities and works on sandboxed applications as well as not sandboxed ones.
- Viruscope performance is improved.
- User Interface.
- The advanced settings window has been redesigned to provide a better layout.
- Enabling Viruscope causes file sharing violations.
- Killing certain malware can cause BSOD.
- Certain keyloggers can sniff keyboard while sandboxed as partially limited.
- Office 2013 documents downloaded from the Internet sometimes cannot be opened inside sandbox.
- Microsoft Outlook cannot receive email inside sandbox.
- Multiple issues exploited by malware to bypass certain protections.
- Firewall blocks fragmented UDP traffic even if this option is disabled.
- Incompatibility between Cisco Anyconnect Mobile VPN and COMODO Firewall.
So if you need a security suite, which has strong and powerful features why not try Comodo? You can download the latest version of Comodo from FileHippo.com, today.
[Image via oshkoshcvb]