Opera may not have won the browser wars in recent years, but it’s still a well respected application that ranks fourth in the browser stakes. Opera users benefit from a built-in BitTorrent client and integrated IRC chat, and it’s consistently rock solid and speedy. Many users first come across Opera Software on their smartphone. Opera Mini, the company’s mobile browser, is renowned for its speed and efficiency.
Users with disabilities choose Opera because of its proven commitment to accessibility and standards compliance. It’s also attracted a global following, having been released in 60 languages in addition to English.
Other key benefits include:
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts.
- Customisable mouse gestures.
- Voice control and screen reading fot sight and hearing impaired users.
- Optional proxy support for super-fast loading.
- The use of a master password to secure saved passwords.
Developed in Norway and used worldwide, Opera is a solid choice. The browser may not have grabbed the headlines like Chrome, but it has led the way for many years when it comes to innovative features.
The following updates have been undertaken in this latest version of Opera:
- [Windows] After typing begins in the address field the buttons on right should all disappear.
- Errors on startup, due to autoupdate?
- [Netinstaller] Crash when run with invalid parameters.
- [Engine] Forward setters on <object> tag to the plugin.
- Crash in >blink::NotificationController::clientFrom.
- [Engine] Quick search model should use profile prefs instead of local prefs.
- Printing fails in Turbo mode.
- [CAT] Crash in media::BufferedDataSource::ReadInternal.
- Crash in >content::PepperPluginInstanceImpl.
- [WinXP+Vista] “Adobe reader is out of date” message on opening PDF files in the browser.
- [Win] Netinstaller connection problems on XP, SP3, IE6.
Looking for the Mac version of Opera? Download Here
Why not check out TechBeat’s guide to alternative browsers if you are looking for something a little different.
You can download Opera from FileHippo.com, today.
[Image via lestimes]