GOM is a free media player, which has popular audio and video codecs built-in. The application will play almost any type of media that you may have on your system. The user interface is easily navigated and GOM Player has lots of advanced functions.
GOM Player includes many codecs (XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and more) so you won’t need to install separate codecs for most videos. For those videos that require a separate codec, GOM Player will find one.
Play Broken AVI Files (Patented)
GOM Player’s patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.
Powerful Subtitle Support
GOM Player supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX) files for subtitle. You can even synchronize subtitles and video if there’s any mismatch.
If you run a video file and there is already a file with a similar name in the directory, it will be automatically added to your playlist. GOM Player has a similar playlist format as M3U, PLS, ASX.
Support Different Media Types
Along with different media format such as AVI, MPG, MPEG and DAT, GOM Player also supports streaming Windows media format (WMV, ASF, ASX). You can also watch DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
The following updates have been undertaken in this latest version of GOM Player:
- Added Preview Feature: Preview appears when moving mouse cursor to a certain time of seek bar. It’s not checked at default but you can check it anytime in the preferences window.
- Added “Hide skin during playback” Feature:
- Added “Hide skin during playback” Feature. It’s not checked at default but you can check it anytime in the preferences window.
- Added “Hide mouse cursor after 2 seconds without using the mouse during playback” Feature:
- Added “Hide mouse cursor after 2 seconds without using the mouse during playback” Feature. It’s checked at default but you can uncheck it anytime in the preferences window.
- Added “Auto Rotate” Feature: When playing videos which are originally upside down or not in the right direction, GOM Media Player will automatically rotate it. If you don’t wish to rotate, please modify in the preferences window or from GOM menu.
You can download GOM Player from FileHippo.com today.
[Image via wikipedia]