Tag&Rename is a utility for Windows created to manage a wide range of popular music formats. This tool allows for quick and easy editing of tag data, for example MP3 ID, Windows media and iTunes tags. If you need to write new or update existing tag data, then this can be done for a single file or a batch for an entire album or folder.
Tags are created based on file names or data downloaded from various music databases and song directories including Amazon, freedb and tracktype.org. The tagging software supports a numerous list of fields including: title, artist, album, genre, year, disc number, cover art, lyrics, composer, conductor and more.
Tag&Rename’s additional features include a powerful playlist editor with support for recursive subfolders and an advanced file list to show music files in a real folder structure.
File and tag formats supported by Tag&Rename:
- .mp3 – ID3v1, ID3v1.1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags
- .wma, .asf and .wmv (Windows Media) – Windows Media tags
- .m4a, .m4b (Apple iTunes aac and lossless audio files), .m4p (protected files from Apple Music Store), .mp4 – iTunes tags
- .ogg, .flac and .spx – Vorbis Comments
- .mpc (MusePack), .ape (Monkey’s Audio), .ofr (Optim Frog), .wv (Wav Pack) and .tta (True Audio) – APEv1 and APEv2 tags
- .wav – ID3v2 tag in ‘id3 ‘ RIFF chank
The following updates have been undertaken in this version of Tag&Rename:
- added “Auto Fit File List Columns” function into main menu -> View.
- improved behaviour of the “Part of a compilation” and “Podcast” check boxes in multi files tag editor.
- fixed cover images loading from Discogs.
- fixed bug in saving windows position.
You can download Tag&Rename from FileHippo.com, today.
[Image via FileHippo]