One of the internet’s most popular software downloads has got to be CCleaner (formerly known as “crap cleaner,” hence the name), a utility that removes unwanted files and–as the name implies–cleans out your directories. This free utility has been given some of the top honors out there, such as a “must have” five star rating from CNET and earning the Editor’s Choice Award in 2009.
Since that time, the developers at Piriform have released a steady stream of updates to keep it running smoothly and to help the program root out the latest security issues. Version 5.05.5176, today’s update to the software, includes:
– Improved Windows 10 (build 10049) compatibility.
– Improved Internet Explorer and Firefox Startup Items detection.
– Improved Opera Cache and History cleaning.
– Improved context menu management.
– Improved DPI awareness and high DPI support.
– Improved Unicode text support.
– Updated various translations.
– Minor GUI improvements.
– Minor bug fixes.
Click HERE to be taken to the FileHippo download of this award-winning and vital cleaning utility.