You know you’re supposed to have an up-to-date, powerful antivirus software installed on your computer. So why don’t you? Is it those pesky little pop up boxes that tell you your computer isn’t protected? The constant reminders to update or upgrade? Is it the thought that because you don’t surf the web over unknown connections you don’t need to protect yourself? Hmmmm?
With avast! Free Antivirus, there’s really no excuse not to safeguard your tech and your network. And while most companies who offer a free version can do a quick check of your system, one of the cooler features of avast! is its browser update tool. This tab lets you see all of the out of date software you’re running in one easy-to-click location, so the updates to your Flash, Java, your browser, and more are all right in front of you.
This week’s update from the developers includes:
- Faster start after reboot – some components are loaded later
- File System Shield – solved incompatibility with TrueCrypt
- File System Shield – exclusions work again
- Added option to install Skype during Avast installation
- StreamFilter – Improved compatibility with other AV products
Available for both Windows and Mac, click HERE to download the latest updates to avast! Free Antivirus.