GOM Player is a freeware media player, which has popular audio & video codecs built-in. GOM includes many different codecs such as; XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4 and H263, so you don’t have to install any separate codecs for most videos. Even if you find a video, which requires a codec, there is no need to panic as GOM Player will find one for you!
GOM Player’s patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded. GOM supports SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX) files for subtitle. You can even synchronize subtitle and video if there happens to be any mismatch.
If you run a video file and there is already a file with a similar name in the directory, it will be automatically added to your playlist. GOM Player has a similar playlist format as M3U, PLS, ASX. Not only does GOM play different media format such as AVI, MPG, MPEG and DAT, GOM Player also supports streaming Windows media format (WMV, ASF, ASX). You can even watch DVD-quality videos with 5.1 channel audio output.
The following changes have been made in this version of GOM Player:
* Improved Subtitle Support
– Added support for ASS/SSA subtitles
– Corrected an issue where some RTL subtitles were not being displayed in the correct order when using the TV-OUT display method.
– Enabled the use of the “Overlay” subtitle output method when using the “Enhanced Video Renderer” video output method.
– Corrected an issue where some style tags on internal UTF8 subtitles were not being applied correctly and were instead being displayed as text.
* Added support for VP9 video playback
* It is now possible to view some image files in GOM Player (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF)
* Improved the Bookmarks feature
– Added a confirmation dialog box when clicking the [Delete All] button.
– Corrected an issue where bookmarks with double-quotes (“”) in the description where not being stored and displayed correctly.
* Improved the Advanced Capture feature
– Added the ability to set the output ratio for captures when using Advance Capture and Screencap features.
* Corrected an issue where using the A-B Repeat feature while certain custom skins were applied would cause the software to crash.
* Improved Support for FLAC & M4A audio files
– FLAC & M4A audio files can now be added to the playlist using Drag & Drop
– FLAC & M4A files will now appear in Windows Explorer when using “Open File”([F2]) without changing the file type to “All Files (*.*)”
* Corrected an issue where users would see a CPU error when trying to install the software, even if their CPU was supposed to be supported.
* Corrected an issue where file type association features were not working properly for some users using Windows 8.1
* Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and changes.
You can download GOM Player 22.214.171.12405 from FileHippo.com today.
[Image via player.gomlab ]