Beyond Compare 4 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. The software also allow you to visualize changes in your code and then carefully reconcile them.
Beyond Compare Key Features Include:
Coampare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you’re interested in and ignore those you’re not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
Beyond Compare’s new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
Beyond Compare’s intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
The Following changes have been undertaken in this version of Beyond Compare:
* File Formats
– Improved “File Formats” dialog handling of “Everything Else” items.
– Linux: Add images to “File Formats” dialog list.
* Folder Compare
– Tweaked back/forward arrow icons.
– Fixed truncated listings when using the “Recursive [-R]” option with PureFTPd.
– Windows/OS X: Fixed “Check for Updates” support for HTTP proxy servers.
– Removed groupboxes to match user interface guidelines.
– OS X: Fixed spin edit appearance.
– OS X: Dimmed disabled icons to make the difference more obvious.
– OS X: Fixed dark gray panel in text grammar item dialog.
– Fixed context sensitive help to open to the page-specific topic.
– Windows: Fixed using Alt key to assign keyboard shortcuts.
* Picture Compare
– Fixed security vulnerability when loading .bmp files.
– Fixed error when comparing 1 pixel tall images.
– Fixed “Tolerance” algorithm reporting incorrect values unless the differences occurred in the bottom (Height/#CPUs) lines of the comparison.
– OS X: “Page Setup” dialog now uses metric or imperial units based on system settings.
* Text Views
– Ctrl+Up/Down now keeps the selection unless the cursor needs to be moved into view.
– OS X: Fixed broken cross hatching when scrolling horizontally.
* Text Merge
– Fixed undocked output panel so closing it redocks to the main window instead of disappearing.
– OS X: Fixed “Restart” button in crash dialog.
– OS X/Linux: Fixed crash when loading a Dropbox folder with Unicode characters.
– OS X: Fixed Home view crash when clicking on a button while renaming a session.
– OS X: Fixed crash on OS X Yosemite (Preview 6).
You can download Beyond Compare 4.0.0 from FileHippo.com today.
[Image via: FileHippo]