If you love audio and you are a stickler for information, then MediaInfo is the app for you. MediaInfo provides you with a rapid access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view for you.
You can choose between a graphical user interface (GUI) to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts.
MediaInfo’s Key Features include:
- Different and customisable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML).
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML.
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL.
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag’n’Drop, Context menu).
- Information Categories:
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length…
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate…
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate…
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
- Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)… (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC).
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF.
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI.
The following updates have been undertaken in this latest version of MediaInfo:
AS-11 (Core, Segmentation, UK DPP items) display.
MXF: support of TTML (SMPTE ST 2052) detection.
MXF: option –File_Mxf_TimeCodeFromMaterialPackage for using the time code track from Material package instead of Source package (CLI/DLL only).
Duration in HH:MM:SS:FF format (hidden by default).
AVC: detection of Intra profiles.
MXF: both Material and Source package time codes are displayed.
MPEG-TS: more information for Teletext subtitle e.g. “For hearing impaired people”.
Detecting sidecar XML files for captions (e.g. TTML/DFXP), option for CLI and Lib.
AVC and HEVC: colour_range information (Limited/Full), thanks to Vittorio Giovara.
OP-47/SDP/Teletext: detection of magazine numbers.
MOV/MPEG-4: basic support of iTunMOVI tag.
MOV/MPEG-4: support of track title and few other track related tags.
MOV/MPEG-4: detection of Dolby E in a stereo track.
AVC: using the first pic_struct as fallback for scan order if other methods fail, thanks to Smit for the idea.
IMF: better compatibility with packages from different vendors.
PBCore 2.0 technical metadata output option, thanks to Dave Rice.
WMV: Time code track and value of first frame display, sponsored by AVCOM.
MPEG Video: Open/Closed GOP status.
HEVC: Support of Pixel Aspect Ratio in VUI, thanks to Kurtnoise.
SMPTE ST 331: wrong channel positions.
B872, MOV: StreamOrder field was wrong in case of chapter references.
More coherency between the File interface and the By buffer interface.
Matroska: wrong dection of video/audio delay in case of B-frames before the first I-frame.
Time code striped/not striped information is moved from “Format_Settings” to “TimeCode_Striped”.
SMPTE ST 337: infinite loop during scanning of some non ST 337 streams.
MP4/MOV: Using less data during detection of Dolby E hidden in a PCM track.
Matroska: some crashs after file name of attachments update.
MXF: MXF time code track was not displayed with some compilation options (e.g. the default Windows build).
You can download MediaInfo from FileHippo.com, Today.
[image via enlanubetic]