Some of us don’t own a Smart TV. But it’s ok if you don’t; all you need to do is use your regular big television screen as Smart TV! You just simply connect your computer and run MediaPortal, the open source media center.
With MediaPortal you can tune to regular TV and radio channels, watch or listen to online media, enjoy your own media files or just comfortably browse the web whilst sitting on your couch.
MediaPortal Key Features:
- Watch and record TV.
- Watch videos and DVDs.
- Listen to music.
- Listen to broadcast and web radio stations.
- View the TV guide on any PC in your home.
- Movie covers and details are automatically downloaded from IMDB (Internet Movie Database).
- View all your artists, albums, tracks, CDs, DVDs or playlists, with album art and artist images.
- Enjoy audio visualizations.
- Stream throughout your home via any PC client connected to the MediaPortal TV server.
- View pictures and slideshows.
- Check weather reports, your RSS feeds or Wikipedia on your TV screen.
- Browse the huge plug-in archive.
- Choose from a variety of looks, styles and interfaces to suit your taste.
The following updates and changes have been undertaken in this latest version of MediaPortal:
MiniDisplay lags without TV server connection.
Startup delay resume setting are not used correctly and handling multiple POWERBROADCAST signal.
KnownExtensions.xml increases in size when ‘refresh update info’ is run in MPEI.
Screensaver is enabled by default but no default Idle action is configured.
#BUG: TV.View.remaining doesn’t work.
The poll interval of the PowerScheduler Ping Monitor is not synchronized to the PowerScheduler’s poll interval.
Flickering the home when return to home after resume.
Allow update subfolder settings after parent folder setting is changed – not working.
Music Player does not play MOD files.
In some cases TV schedules that have been cancelled still record.
Backing out of Pictures full screen freezes MP.
Keyboard shortcuts missing for radio EPG.
MiniDisplay EQ Visualizer broken.
Bump version number and set log level to INFO for MP 1.9.0 Final.
So what are you waiting for? You can download MediaPortal from FileHippo.com today.
[Image via: htbackdrops]