Do you ever need remote access to a family members computer? Maybe to help them out with a technical issue that you just can’t solve over the phone? UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location.
Key features include: File transfer, Video driver, Optional Encryption Plugins, MS Logon, Text chat, Viewer Toolbar, Java Viewer with File Transfer , as well as Auto scaling and Server Side Scaling, Multiple-Monitors-support,Repeater/Proxy-support, Auto reconnection, good performances and tons of other functionalities.
The following updates have been undertaken in this version of UltraVNC:
- add viewer idle timer.
- add server id to password box.
- server deadlock fixed ( existed already for 2 years).
- server tray install/uninstall/start stop service.
- minimize viewer and high cpu.
- save plugin options corrected.
- update uvnc_settings.exe ( added new settings, help pages, service buttons).
- update repeater (could be locked by port scans).
You can download UltraVNC from FileHippo.com, today.
[Image via dlyab]