Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier now offer enhanced security.
In response to the growing dangers of ransomware attacks, the latest premium antivirus updates from security big-hitters Avast, now feature Ransomware Shield.
Only available with Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier, Ransomware Shield offers users an added layer of protection beyond Avast’s Behavior Shield, by “walling off” your pictures, documents, and any other designated folders from any unwanted changes.
More protection, no slow-down
Any untrusted application trying to change or delete any files in these protected folders will be stopped, along with any encryption attempts by ransomware attacks. However, to avoid slowing down the system, Ransomware Shield only protects specific, designated folders.
Avast says: “Ransomware Shield empowers our customers to decide which applications can make adjustments to their designated files, and gives them the freedom to protect or change their data however they wish.”
Avast’s antivirus updates changes include:
- New Ransomware Shield (Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier)
- New warning system on dashboard
- Warnings added to notification center
- Notification counter added to tray icon
- Fixed issues with public profile in Firewall
Of course, you can download the full Avast range right here on FileHippo:
- Download Avast Premier
- Download Avast Internet Security
- Download Avast Pro Antivirus
- Download Avast Free Antivirus