Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been given a make-over in the latest update to the software. Version 2.0 has a complete new user interface, which has been designed to make the product easier to use, more informative and provide quicker access to key functionality.
As well as a new look, the Quick Scan feature has been renamed to Threat Scan and is recommended by Malwarebytes as the best scan choice.
Other changes include:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings)
- Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings)
- Enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista SP2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as BitTorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name)
- Native x64 system location scanning, detection and malware removal
- Substantial improvements to core detection and removal technology
As well as the major changes, an issue with performance has also been fixed. Users had complained of a problem when streaming audio on Vista SP2 and newer when using Malicious Website Protection but the update has now resolved that issue.