VLC Media Player is one of the top, free media players that are available. VLC Media Player has versatile multi-format playback capabilities. The app has an easy to navigate and basic UI with a huge array of customization options.
VLC plays almost any video or music file format you may have. VLC can play MPEG, AVI, RMBV, FLV, QuickTime, WMV, MP4 and a load of other media file formats. Not only can VLC Media Player handle loads of different formats, it can also playback partial or incomplete media files so you can preview downloads before they finish.
VLC’s UI is extremely easy to use. You can simply drag and drop files to play or open them using files and folders then use the classic media navigation buttons to play, pause, stop, skip, edit playback speed, change the volume, brightness, etc.
Within the playback, audio, video, tools and view tabs is a massive variety of player options. You can play with synchronization settings including a graphic equalizer with multiple pre-sets, overlays, special effects, AtmoLight video effects, audio spatializer and customizable range compression settings. You can also easily add subtitles to videos by adding the SRT file to the video’s folder.
The following changes have been undertaken in this version of VLC player:
– Fix compilation on OS/2
– Stability improvements for the QTSound capture module
# Mac OS X audio output:
– Fix channel ordering
– Increase the buffersize
– Fix DxVA2 decoding of samples needing more surfaces
– Improve MAD resistance to broken mp3 streams
– Fix PGS alignment in MKV
# Qt Interface:
– Don’t rename mp3 converted files to .raw
# Mac OS X Interface:
– Correctly support video-on-top
– Fix video output event propagation on Macs with retina displays
– Stability improvements when using future VLC releases side by side
– Fix transcode when audio format changes
# Security contents:
– Updated GnuTLS to 3.1.25
– Updated libpng to 1.6.10
– Update British English
You can download VLC Media Player from FileHippo.com today.