Here at Techbeat, we reported last week that Instagram had announced a, well needed, update for both the iOS and Android app. Top of the change-log list was the addition of five new filters. All of these take a more subtle approach to enhancing your images. There is a slight issue that needs to be addressed though. Because Instagram has now added more filters to their app, there is now a whole lot more scrolling that needs to be done!
Now, I don’t know about you, but I don’t like mucking around when I don’t need to. 24 filters to find the right look for a photo is a bit much. I mean come on folks, seriously, how many filters do you actually use? If you’re anything like me, you will have your top five and the rest you just don’t seem to use.
The cool thing about this latest update from Instagram, is that you have the ability to rearrange the filters, or if you really want to stay sharp and minimalist, you can even hide filters.
This is a quick and simple guide to rearranging your filters.
- Start the process for posting a photo.
- On the Filters screen, scroll left until you get to the end. You will see a settings icon; tap on it.
- You can uncheck a box next to the filters you would like to disable.
- Now just reorder the filters using the three-lined handle next to each filter’s name.
- Tap on the X at to the top of the screen to save your changes.
What do you think about the new filter selection?
[Image via The Verge]