Need An Old Style Start Menu In Windows 8? Checkout StartW8Dec 29, 2014 Scott Lee Google Plus Link 11 Comments
StartW8 is a free but very powerful tool for Windows 8 users. Do you prefer classic desktop to a modern UI? Would you like to logon directly to desktop? With StartW8 you can use Start menu for running your apps or anything else that you can do with a classic UI. Get your Start menu back in Windows 8!
StartW8 allows users to access their apps and folders with greater ease as it adds a fully-functional Start Menu to their Windows 8 computer/notebook. Users can also easily search a specific file or program by entering a relevant keyword, or they can simply shut down their PC, reboot or switch users.
Key Features Include:
- Automatically switch to desktop immediately after signing in.
- Added Windows Start menu in Windows 8 design, but Windows 7 functionality.
- Activate menu with Win key Log off, lock and turn off buttons.
- Traditional search field.
- Favourite applications.
- All user configurable.
- Support for silent installation.
- Multilanguage support (18 languages.)
- Option to ignore the lower left Hot corner.
The following updates have been undertaken in this version of StartW8:
- New Right Menu items.
- StartW8 Start Menu new translation included (Romanian).
You can download StartW8 from FileHippo.com, today.
[Image via techdows]